Some people ask what are website checkers to check whether a site is safe or not. Because some sites are malicious, which means those are not good for our system. Because they spread the virus to our systems.
Although we cannot completely judge the trustworthiness of a website by just looking at it, there are few extensions for Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox which helps us to find which sites are safe and which aren’t.
In this article, We shared some helpful tools and few suggestions.
How to identify whether a website is Good or Not?
1. WOT(Web of Trust)
WOT – Web of Trust is one of the tools which keeps you safe whenever you go online. Web of Trust is an extension available for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla
la Firefox, and Internet Explorer etc.
- Go to Web of Trust (mywot.com) website.
- Click on add to chrome as shown in below picture.
- After clicking on Add to Chrome you will get Add Extension tab which you can see in next picture. Then click on Add Extension which was highlighted on a special tab named Add WOT: Web of Trust tab in below picture.
- After completion of adding the WOT extension to chrome, then you are done. That’s it now we can find that whether the website is trustworthy or not.
Actually, WOT – Web of Trust is an extension that takes the feedback of websites from visitors and gives the information that the website is good or spam.
WOT symbolizes with three different colors whether the website is Excellent | Spam or Low rating | Totally Malicious.
- Green symboled site is totally safe.
- Yellow symboled Spam or sometimes low rating.
- Red symboled site represents that the site is malicious.
- If there is no color then it is not yet rated.
You can also check after opening any website by clicking on WOT tool, whether the website is trustworthy or not as shown in below picture.
Note: There is also another popular extension called McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security which protects you from the most common online threats and identifies whether the website is good or not, It is also available in both Google chrome and Mozilla Firefox.